Great resource for writers.
Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, starting Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. As this is a rather long section, I’m breaking it into two posts.
Analogies, Metaphors, and Similes
A good analogy is harder to find than… erm… well, it’s pretty hard. Unless you have these to help:
- She slammed against the chair, her adrenal system upgrading from zoned out to Defcon 1.
- The idea of being that close to her hit him like a shot of tequila in a Red Bull.
- She’s crazier than a sackful of raccoons.
- It was as futile as carrying water with a knife.
- The food was spread out like a Thanksgiving feast.
- Her comfort zone retreated into darkness, waving farewell with…
View original post 734 more words